finally I write the next post!
Yeah I was knocked out on Tuesday. I got no air and all this stuff. It was in our practice and one guy run to me and wanted to tackle me and hit his helmet in my stomach. I think it was my "sternum" (or whatever it's called). After a hit like this, it isn't easier to speal english ;-) I just thought in the first seconds! "NEVER!!!" But I survived it! The rest of the practice I've done some sprints and strength training, but no more tackles - it was really enough. Then the practice yesterday was really bad. I don't know - I just played bad! I think the tackle in my stomach was still in my mind... But today it was better and tomorrow the first game! When everybody sleep in Germany, we'll play against Sublette. Our coacher call it "D-Day" (D-day was the day, than the Americans won over Russia with a bomb - I think so). On Tuesday after practice we went to the first volleyballgame with our schoolgirls! It was a pretty cool game and they won in the 5th set with 15:4. You can feel the spirit, but everybody said, we have to wake up :D The guys like to do the "Hitlergruss", if I'm there. Stupid - really. They look at me and want to see that I saw it. They don't know what it means. But it becomes better - they will learn it - anytime...
Some traffic signs are pretty stupid - at a junction are 4 "STOP-Signs"; everybody has to stopp. I can't understand the sense :D But the guys in the restaurants are all very kind! They tell you their first name and it's more fimilial - I would say.
On Tuesday I got back my government test and because we could get some extra-points (and I got it, but made some mistakes) I got 100 points (That's an "A" and this is the best grade!). In this class we talked about the war in Iraq and I was shocked: More than the half said it's was the right decision with the war and they have to stay there. Then we talked about a guy, who beat a very young child. He got 8 years prison for that. The most said, that you should do a minimum of 10 years for prison - also for small crimes. It's a pretty different thinking here, but okey - I have to accept it and I'm sure it will be better.On the same day I wrote a vocabulary test in Human Anatomy and also a little quiz - but both was pretty easy and I've done no mistakes=) Tomorrow we will write the test about the first chapter (not today because we've done some yearbook pictures) and a vocabulary test in English about our book "Frankenstein". This test will be difficult... But then we have a long weekend, because Monday is no school and we drive to Iowa to the family of Kim and it will be great! But first 11 hours in a train :D So you can expect the next post maybe on monday night or on Tuesday. I'm glad, when the week is over, but I think the time here is faster than the time in Germany. It's confusing.
In the last days we had over 90 degree (ca. 30 celcius) but in the school it is so cold! You have to wear long pants and sometimes a jacket :D That's weird! You go outside and are just sweating, and then you go inside and are just being cold. It's difficult to wear the right thing ;-)
This evening Ron showed me a huge field of Sunflowers - beautiful!!!! And we saw the sundown.
This evening I learned the vocabulary for the test tomorrow and I found a way, how it's easier ;-)
Push your thumb for tomorrow for me please!
Best regards from beautiful Kansas!
Felix=)
Dear Felix - we´re very sorry to hear, that you´ve been hurt in the practice. Hope you could talk about that with some specialist (we know a very good female doctor ;-) Congratulations for your good test with 100 points. It´s interesting to read about what young people are thinking in USA. Don´t worry about the Hitlergruss. They really will learn it. Good luck for your first real football-game and take care. We´ll try to push our thumbs while sleeping ?!Thanks again for these nice photos.
AntwortenLöschenOh my dear Felix :)
AntwortenLöschenI love your Blogmessages because I just find myself in it! :D So many things are the same like here in Mareitta!
I miss you! Why couldn't you come to Atlanta this Weekend! :D
<3
hey
AntwortenLöschenit´s fantastic to read the text and see the great pictures;)
oh the amis are crazy :D
ehm the "D-Day" is the invasion of the usa against the Nazis in 1945 , it has nothing to do with russia xD or what did you mean??
my history knowlegde said so*laugh*
best regards and great pictures