I'm almost 1 months here and the time is running - really! You can't see it and then the next day is over. I think it's because you're the whole day in school. In the evening then dinner, assignments and family and then the next school day. It's so fast!
Today was a pretty cool day. After 15 minutes in our first class we had to go to the east cafeteria and we got some informations to order some graduation stuff. Nice=)
In Choir we sang Silent Night, Holy Night and one verse was in German. The teacher asked me how we have to pronounce some words. Pretty funny and my class is really good - you almost can't hear the accent. The Americans have a strange format. Their papers are not so high and a bit wider and the papers are for 3-ring-binder. So just 3 holes. At the moment we do some Chemistry in Human Antomy - but it is so easy! The whole stuff I've done already in grade 8 and 9. A bit strange is that e.g. "Na" (Natrium) is in the periodic system, like everywhere, with the Symbol "Na" but they don't call it "Natrium", but "Sodium". That makes no sense :D But I have to learn it... Funny is that the teacher finds, that Chemistry isn't neccesary in this class, but he has to do it because the book has it!
The practice today was not really good. I'm not (yet) in the first team and so you have to wait till you can play in the practice and sometimes you cannot play, like me today. Then it's boring and isn't fun! Also I don't think that I can play on Friday against Elkhart, probably just JV again on Monday. But I will fight for my spot in the first team - maybe I can play soon - I don't know!
It's annoying that I am stung all the time. I think it's in the practice and it's pretty itching. Everywhere on my body the red points of this stupid fly :D I hope it will be better, when it becomes colder!
On Saturday we will go to Kansas State Fair with AFS. From 7 am to 10 pm. A long day, but I'm sure, that it'll be fun with all the other guys! I'm looking forward it!
In four days the school will start again in south-west Germany! I wish you all good luck for the next year and remember that a smile helps always! Start good in the new school year!
Now a picture from me in front of an old steam engine from 1914 (- it was very oily, windy but with a wonderful blue sky)!
With this picture and best regards from cloudy south-west Kansas!
Felix=)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen