Weekly comment


Earth is the only planet, who is not named after a god.

Freitag, 17. September 2010

Hot weather

Goooooooood evening together! How are you today? I'm in a good mood - yet :D
The last days were very hot! We had almost 100 degrees (ca. 36 degree C) and then practice... Very tiring and lots of sweat but we have to be ready for our game on Friday against Meade. It's so that on Friday is the varsity (A-Team) game and on Monday the JV (Junior Varsity and B-Team) game. So just one, sometimes two games a week each person.
In our school are totally 42 seniors (students, who will be gratuated in May). And in our choir are 17 of them and here a picture, where the girls are dominated :D
At the moment the corn is harvested. They use HUGE combiner to harvest it. Yesterday evening I sat in a combiner and harvested corn together with my cousin! WOW so much corn! They have 20 fields and they needed the whole day to harvest a half of one field! And the combiner is harvest non-stop! It is really amazing but they're very expensive! Every town has big elevators to store all the corn. At the moment wait all the time trucks to empty it! It's unbelievable how much corn it is. Here now a picture from the corn during the harvesting and then a picture of me and my cousin on this huge combiner!
This was really impressive and I'm sure I will get the chance again to do it! Really amazing!
Also pretty amazing is, that I start slowly to think in English. It's strange sometimes I think something in English and then I miss a word and that's then in german. Or sometimes I'm looking for a german word but it needs some times to remember! That's scary :D If I count something then I can do in english without thinking and translating and you know... Also little calculations, although it's pretty difficult at the moment yet.
But it's pretty cool to understand more things and first of all to speak better!
It's unbelievable that I've been here for four weeks already! WOW!!!
Today I wore basketballshorts in school my first time in life. We've got great t-shirts and shortsby the football. Printed with Football and the school name and pretty good. But the shorts has one problem, it has no pockets! So I had to do my money in my sox today :D
Because after school and after practice I helped with the game of the Junior High School. And I was veeeery hungry and needed something to eat :D
I need always lots of food. I have my lunch at 10:54 am and before just breakfast! I'm so hungry then! Everybody gets a food tray and on this tray is already the main food. Then we can take stuff at the salad bar and mostlt frood for dessert and chocolatemilk or normal milk to drink. And some guys achieve it just taking a little bit of the main food and a bit fruit. And I take as most as I can on my tray! A big salad, then lots of fruit and other stuff :D And so I need the whole lunch-break to eat - but that's fine :D
Today we wrote a quiy about the chemical elements and vocabulary in Human Anatomy and it was really easy!!!!! Before the test we always can take a look at our notes and then we start to write! You almost havn't to learn!
But now I have to learn english vocabulary about our novel: Frankstein. There we have some pretty strange vocabs... But that's okey=) And then tomorrow night our game! Maybe I'll play. I hope it and I wanna play but I don't know! We will see!
I hope the first school week was ok for everybody? That what I hear, sounds pretty good!
Best regards from hot Kansas!
Felix=)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen