WOW it was a great break! Tuesday night our sisters arrived and got surprised by friends=) In the next morning (I got up at 8am...) I heard the news - Kim was sick and had thrown up yet a couple times. After work Ron felt sick too and went to bed - and he's really never sick! So first day of break and Kim and Ron were sick. Fortunately the girls were here so we didn't have to die (because we can't cook :D). The girls had everything under control and made food for dinner and prepared already for the next day. In the evening Aunt Jill arrived, we ate dinner and watched a movie. Thursday morning (Thanksgivingday) Kim and Ron felt better. But Grandpa felt sick and had thrown up too. We started cooking the famous turkey in the morning and it had to be in the oven for more than 4 hours! After that we played together - which was really funny=)
Then it was time to eat - the turkey was finished and looked great!
And guess who did the dishes??? THE GUYS!!!! You don't believe me? Here's the evidence!
Oh yeah - we weren't lazy=) And yeah here comes the next picture!
Thursday was great and lots of fun! We watched another movie and it was kinda late=) Friday morning Kim and Kathy went to Colorado to get the christmas tree! It's a real one and that's special here! The tree is probably 10 foot tall (ca. 3.40 m) and a lot skinnier than I was used to it! I taught german the whole day :D And I philosophized. Laura wanna learn german and she'll go to a language camp in Germany in the summer to learn German! Pretty awesome, isn't it? She's interested in philosophie and because the most of the good philosophers came from Germany she wanna learn german to be able to read the books original (and not just a translation)! The rest of the day we helped in Ron's office finishing the last things. But then we had the first practice after thanksgiving at 5:30 pm for 2:30 h!!! It was very tiring and I did terribly friday night! I was mad at myself! And guess what we did on Friday night? We watched a movie - but it actually wasn't too late; it was 11 pm.
Saturday we had practice at 10 am and again for 2:30 h, which was really tiring! But it felt better than Friday, although I still play just terribly!!! I wanna improve myself but right now I don't and that's what makes me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D After practice we had to frost 400 christmas cookies for the band concert on Tuesday. Man my back still hurts but we actually did only 359 (I counted them) :D Just that everybody knows: Jason and me were in the QUALITY group :D We were creative - most of the time haha. Now it was time for church. In church it's always that one person leads the singing in front of a microphone. But this evening was special. Laura, Kathy, Jason and me sang together. And it sounded a lot better just because there were some women voices and some men voices. And I hope we didn't sing too bad, but I don't think so because all three of them can sing great - and me.. yeah:D Whatever:D But it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it! AND then, AFTER church it was TIME for the christmas card PICTURE! We took a couple, watched them on the computer, decided it, made it as our profile picture in facebook for all of us and HERE it is!In the front row from left to right: Kathy and Laura
In the back row from left to the other left: Me and Jason
In the late evening some friends of Laura came and it was A LOT OF FUN! After they left at 1 am we started to watch a DVD but just a couple finished it :D I should say two - and one of them was me=) I wasn't tired at all but then today - soooo sleepy :D And this morning we listened to the christmas story Kim is writing since 1985. Every year shortly reflected and everybody has a ornament for each year (when he/she has lived already) and hangs it on the tree when the story is in the right year. It was very interesting to hear the whole story and it was a great morning. At 12 pm Kathy and Laura had to leave going to the airport! We really had a couple days with lots of fun and 17 days and they'll be back for christmas after their finals are over. Oh and we surprised Kim with a party for her birthday! I think she was really glad and I'm excited for the party! It's gonna be awesome!!!
I hope the christmas bazar went well although it was snowing - but I think that was the right atmosphere for it (hopefully not too cold! :))
Christmas greetings from Kansas! - Felix=)
P.S. Luisa and Papa-Oma: Happy happy birthday to you. Hope you have a BIG party with all the family and friends! Enjoy to get so many presents!!!!!! I wish you the best!!!! Felix=)
oh ich will auch weg!!!!
AntwortenLöschenund weißt du was das schlimmste ist, es dauert noch ein 3/4 jahr.. :(
weihnachtsbasar war eewig cool, cih sag dir die a´tmosphäre war richtig cool, aber es war echt schweine kalt aber trotzdem haben wir 1050€ eingenommen. :D
also best regards from snow-germany :D
your little sister ♥
p.s. hast du die mail bekommen??
und kannst du sie auch öffnen???
wäre lieb wenn du drüber schauen würdest!!