Weekly comment


Earth is the only planet, who is not named after a god.

Dienstag, 1. Februar 2011

Cancelled school and -23 degree Fahrenheit

Hi!
Today our school got cancelled that's why I get the chance to give you another post! We have -2 degree (-18.5 degree celcius) but a windchill of -23 degree (-30 degree celcius). It's not really snowing but the stron wind blows the snow everywhere and that was a reason to cancel classes today! Oh I really enjoy it! Tonight we're supposed to have another basketball game in Forgan, Oklahoma but we don't know yet if it's gonna be cancelled! The varsity got killed last Friday in the game. We lost by 20! The JV team had a small lead but lost at the end and the C-Team won. maybe we should say that we beat them bad! And I even took the first charge of my life! Charge means that I make the offensiveman to foul me what is pretty difficult because they mostly call a foul on you but after that we got the ball. I don't expect you to understand it by the way :D
On Saturday and Monday we had a JV-Tournament at our school. Saturday two games and Monday one. During the whole basketball season our gym is decorated with our names and numbers on jerseys! Here they are :)
First we played Hugoton which is a 4A and in this way bigger than us. We're a 3A school. Bigger school are usually better because their coice of players is a lot bigger than at a smaller school. We lost the first game because we didn't show any sign of effort! But I got a little to play. The second team was against a 5A school and we weren't supposed to win but we were up by 1 30 seconds to go but lost at end by 3 because we didn't take care of the ball... It was really close but Liberal, the 5A school, celebrated their win like a huge success but they really were supposed to win and not just by 3! We should have won but it was different! Everybody played really good though and with a lot of effort! I din't get to play but I'm the worst shooter ever and so that's fine! Here's a picture of me with the ball:-)
Where is the BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL :D:D:D?
On Sunday I worked the entire day at my literary analysis in English. I had more than 10 pages but double spaced :-) Monday was the third game of the tournament. We played Garden City, which has a 6A school and if we had won it would have been a huge surprise! We played well and even had a lead of 3 in the first quarter but at the end we lost by 20. Coaches were still proud of us because we were tired but still played with effort=) Now I heard two minutes ago that our game tonight is cancelled! I'm kinda happy because all of us needed a break and we'll have a game this Friday at home and then next week three and after that two again. So a busy schedule but enjoyable =)
Last Saturday Kansas celebrated its 150th birthday! The State entried the Union in January 29, 1861 as 34th state. On Friday we had a little celebration in school and our two Librariens were dressed as "old-Kansas-women" and we got popcorn and drincs in the Library!
From Monday till Thursday we can vote for the Homecoming King and Queen on Friday! I'm really excited who it's gonna be!
I hope you all are fine and you enjoy the beautiful winter without too much wind;-)
Greetings from Kansas=)
Felix:-)

1 Kommentar: