Weekly comment


Earth is the only planet, who is not named after a god.

Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011

Weekends in the middle of the week :D

Isn't it pretty awesome to have 4 weekends in 2 weeks :D??? Well after we had a couple days off last week it kept going this week=)
Monday was without any problems and was my only normal day so far! We had school and then practice. We were getting ready for Beaver, which is a pretty good team in Oklahoma. On Tuesday morning it was snowing a little bit but nothing serious, however it got more and more and we got dismissed from school at 12:50 pm because the wind got stronger and the snow was blowing! After we arrived at home it snowed and snowed and snowed and it was really windy and extremely cold. In the evening we probably had 3 inches of snow (7.5 cm), at some parts 10 inches though because of the blowing wind! The blowing wind was the reason why they dismissed us earlier - the visibilty was not really good! Shortly afterwards they cancelled the game in the evening! At 7 pm we got the message that school was cancelled on Wednesday! Isn't that awesome? In the evening I got ready to make the dangerous steo out of the door to take some pictures :D I was wearing a whole bunch of stuff and was covering my face as much as possible because of the cold wind and the blowing snow=) I took some pictures but they're pretty bad... I still show them :D Here they are...
Do you see the trails of the wind on the ground?
I know it looks pretty beautiful but it was so windy and not a lot of fun going outside :D Remember, I did it just for you :D haha!
Well on Wednesday I slept in and we started shoveling snow at 11 am. Here in western Kansas it's not like in the black forest! They don't habe a snow ploughing service but Ron has a construction company and a couple loader and so we were kinda responsible to clear the driveways and sidewalks of the different houses. Everybody in town, who had something, which could help shoveling, shoveled the whole day to help each other. that's the amazing thing in small towns - everybody helps everybody! There's no wondering, you're just doing it. We cleared all the driveways and sidewalks in our block and at the coaches's houses and then the elementary school and church and people who needed help! It was really good and I started sweating because I had only a normal shovel! We cleared till 12:30 pm and ate lunch and did it again from 1 pm till 2:40 pm. At 2:40 pm we realized that we would have practice at 3pm! We had to hurry. We drove to the house and were changed in probably 1 minute. It actually was pretty funny because we were running through the house to get our different stuff:D We were almost in time... just 2 minutes too late but it was fine! We made a little bit of running and it was alright! Practice was tiring because of the shoveling I was pretty tired and then we had practice for more than 2 hours... In the evening we were just hanging out and watching some B-ball on TV. Everybody who thought we would have school today was wrong again! We had the postponed KAY-Conference and Parent-Teacher Conferences today. We had to be out there at 7:15 this morning and it was way too early. i was still sleepy :D But the conference was a succes and I suppose everybody liked it! We went home, ate lunch and went back to school for practice! We had a 2 hour practice though it was a good one! I think we're ready for tomorrow, although the oppenent will be pretty tough. We worked really hard in practice since christmas break and we finally just have to carry it over in the game! On Saturday is the next game at home. It's another tough one but you never know! Once a while there are big surprises=)
Tonight we'll have a showchoir performance and tomorrow probably the second real school day this week, it's Friday though :D
The whole day it was getting warmer and it starts melting... It's sad because I really love the snow=)
I hope but suppose that everybdoy is doing fine!
Greetings from Kansas!
Felix=)

2 Kommentare:

  1. hey FELIX

    wow, the pictures are really beautiful!!!
    why do you say that they are bad???
    it's soooooooooo pretty..
    I want snow and free school too:D:D:D!!!!!

    greetings
    Eva:)

    AntwortenLöschen