Weekly comment


Earth is the only planet, who is not named after a god.

Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011

Games, Spikes and Student of the Month

Hey=)
Well the boys lost how supposed on Saturday but I got some playing time, what makes me always happy! On Sunday I was really just hanging out. We took the xmas lights off the house, and pressed out A LOT of grapefruits! At the end we had more than 2 gallons (7.2 liter) of grapefruit juice. But it tastes amazing! Right now It's my breakfast drink in the morning and it helps waking up ;-) Of course, in the morning we went to church and in the evening we went shooting in the Highschool. But it still was a really good day and I enjoyed it! On Monday was Valentines Day and the Showchoir, which I am a part of, sings Valetineograms. You can buy those for your Valentine or good friend(s) in the week before. Most of them are love-songs and I think it's really awesome if 20 people, who can sing pretty well, sing to you - okay maybe a little bit embarassing :D In each hour we used the last 15 minutes to sing. During Seminar (20 min - it's mostly reading and learning basic skills) all the Seniors went to both Community next to our school (because our school is in a corn field between two communities) :D. In those elementary schools we sang for teacher's wives and it was fun, not just because we missed the first 20 minutes of 5th hour :-)
Last Friday they announced the "Student of the Month" and yay I won :D I've already been nominated in August but didn't win. Now it's even better though=)
Monday was Jason's birthday and I ate lobster for the first time of my life! But it was actually pretty good - a really nice birthday dinner! Then opening of the presents and yeah it was a good day!
Tuesday was another basketball (some people write bball or just BB :D). It was at home and played against one of the biggest rivals... it's the next school 15 miles away. We've played them twice already befor that game and lost the last time really bad by 49!!!!! But Tuesday was different! We just were down by 11 with 5 minutes to go. So we lost at the end but everybody played really well. The JV game wasn't the best one... We had big big foul troubles and 3 people of 9 were about to foul out (5 fouls). But hey guess what! It was one of my best games! I made a basket and it was amazing because everybody was cheering and I even heard somebody yell: "Let's go Germany" :D I was about to laugh on the court but could prevent it and I think I didn't play the worst defense. Of course, I had a few turnovers which upset me! I know I can do it better or I wanna do it better! Coach made me proud today! He told me that I played really good yesterday and that lets forget all the hard practices and everything frustrating=)
Here's a picture of me during the JV game! I'm the only one in a white jersey and guess who the rebund got - I did :D
The C-Team game was terrible close! Each player is allowed to played 6 quarter about a whole game night and one game has 4 quarters. All the better C-Team player played in JV and just were available for another 3 quarters in the C-Team game. The first halftime was a splitted team because on the court were a couple better ones and a couple who just need some more practice. We were down by 15 at haltime. The second halftime every better player was available! We fought back and were down by 5 shortly before the buzzer. Then with 30 seconds to go, we had the ball and were down by 2 (one basket counts 2). So we could have tied the game. The ball went out of bounce with 3 seconds on the gameclock; we still had the ball. The time-out was called and we got our specific in-bounds play. But we hardly could get the ball in. We finally got it at halfcourt line and the guy started dribbeling to the basket. He was at the 3-point-line with 0.5 seconds to go and probably should have shot but he passed it to me and the buzzer is ringing. I din't have the chance to make a shot... Though, it was a fun game. It was close and we played as hard as we could and had a lot of effort!
Today I was really sore though and my feet were and still are hurting! But yeah it's basketball and it's kinda sad that the end is getting closer. At the end of the season I really learned to understand the game and it was fun to play with all of them! I even could jump for the jumpball at the beginning - really exciting!
And here they are - the promised Spike-Pictures. I got one pair and one shoe is green and one is blue :D
Haha I was just kidding and I hope all of you noticed that they're completely different! I have one pair of jump spikes in green and one pair of sprint spikes in blue. I love them! Aren't they just amazing? I wore them to take the picture and I couldn't wait to track. I even got more excited as I am anyway! I just wanted to run and jump and all of this terrific events! =)
And don't laugh about my pants! These are my favourite pajama pants :D
But first of all Basketball! We have at least 3 more games and after that we'll see! I hope we'll have some more but it's gonn abe really tough! But you never know!
Hope all of you are doing fine.
Greetings from Kansas -
Felix=)

3 Kommentare:

  1. Congratulations for sudent of the month :)
    sexy pictures :P

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. hey Felix

    the shoes are really cool... and VERY flashy (I hope that's the bright word)

    oh, PLEASE don't write so many blog entries, I can't read so many English in so short time....
    that's REALLY difficult...:D

    love Eva♥☺

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Homecoming King !!!

    AntwortenLöschen