Weekly comment


Earth is the only planet, who is not named after a god.

Samstag, 26. Februar 2011

First League Music!

Hi!
Last Monday was Presidents' Day and we got out of school. I don't know what I did but I was in school from 12 to 5 pm :D My Music teacher and choir director asked me if I could help moving some Pianos for Wednesday. She picked me up, we moved them and I had practice at 1. Practice was tiring and not my best one but that's alright. Some are just better and some not as good. We stayed after practice for about 40 minutes and shot some balls because we had Showchoir practice a little bit later. That practice went well and we went over the Solos and I was excited for Wednesday. Tuesday morning we had a Track ("Leichtathleltik") meeting. Just talking about the practice next week. I got even more excited=) Wednesday was League Music at our school. All schools in our League came and the big choir performed first. We met at 8:15 and performed at 8:45 and sang two songs. We were rated with 1, 1, and 1-. I should say that the best possible is a 1+ and the worst a 5, though they never give you a 5. In the morning were all the band solos. Everybody who wanted a Solo with an instrument played. I worked at the concessions for a while and it actually was fun :D Espeacially during lunch time when the line got longer and longer and everybody wanted some. About 1:20 pm I had my Solos. One in German and one in English and it was alright! I know I can sing better than I did on that day but she gave me a 2+. It's okay for the first time and League was just practice but I'm gonna keep practicing even harder and I definately want a 1 at Regionals in April. Our Showchoir, Men's Ensemble and Women's Ensemble got a 2. It was a stricter judge but he gave some good advice and we're ready to improve for Regionals;-) Basketball practice was right after League. It was the last one in regular season and for some of us the last one in this year. Thursday was our last game in regular season. JV didn't play the best game and we lost. Our C-Team played terrible in the first three quarters! It was the last game for me in a looooooong time! I just played the 2nd and the 4th quarter because I played some in JV. At the beginning of the 4th quarter they were up by like 20. We put some press on them and I finally could play again! It was really tiring but we forced some turnovers. We lost eventually but that's alright because we played really hard in the last quarter. That's what I told them after the game. I think I found the right words. I also told them that I am really thankful to have played with them and that I'm proud of us how we've improved since the beginning and that I'd love to hear next year that all of them even more improved and worked and played as hard as we used to play=) Especially the C-Team was really a great time! Coach J. taught me the basics and I really know that I wasn't easy to teach in playing Basketball. He is a great coach! ;-) Thank you Coach and thank you teammates what you've done for me in the whole season! Thanks to Coach N. and Coach T. too. They didn't give up on me, gave me some JV playing time, and motivated me when I needed it.
And hey guess what! Our Varsity boys won their game! YAY! We were down by 8 in the first quarter but came back and let them score 6 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and won at the end by 10. On Tuesday we have the first game in Substate. If we lose one we can't go to State. We have to win the championship games if we wanna go to State next week. Though, the game will be tough on Tuesday. They have some big kids but I'm optimistic. Sometimes things happen that nobody expected. I'm really excited and I'm gonna keep practicing till it's over even though I'm not gonna suit up. But they need some people in practice they can play against so that's what we're doing there. Today I'm really sore. The game was tiring last night and I didn't sleep a lot because I read :D Some really good books and I enjoy the reading. This weekend I'll just relax and get ready for the next week. It's unbelieevable how fast everything is. In two weeks is Spring Break and then is already the middle of March! I hope all of you are doing good!
Greetings from Kansas.
Felix=)

1 Kommentar: